On part 2 of this episode of MakingChips, we continue our discussion with Bill Strauss, Senior Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Topics discussed in this episode include the world economy, energy prices and their impact on manufacturing, borrowing and loans, education, growth rate, future economic trends, and the millennial generation.
- [01:30] - Manufacturing Renaissance
- [03:35] - Energy Production and Manufacturing
- [06:05] - "The Good Old Days"
- [07:30] - The Two Ways to Economic Growth
- [10:45] - Educated Workforce
- [15:00] - Gradual Improvement
- [16:15] - Quick Fire Questions for Bill
- [18:40] - A Glimpse into the Future
- [21:55] - Millennial Generation’s Effect on Manufacturing
- [23:45] - Conclusion of Episode
We Want to Hear From You, The Metalworking Nation:
- Telephone: (312) 725-0245