“King Richard” is a movie about Venus and Serena’s dad, Richard Williams. I remember watching their rise in tennis and was fascinated by this movie that followed their path to success. Their father was a large driving force behind their successful careers. So in this unique episode of MakingChips, we talk about 7 takeaways from King Richard and how they can be applied to the manufacturing world. If you want to rise to the top, you have to make chips. Because if you’re not making chips, you’re not making money. BAM!
- [3:01] The sacrifice(s) it takes to achieve success
- [6:25] What’s happening in our lives
- [9:21] Manufacturing News: Manufacturing Activity Slows
- [15:08] Takeaway #1: The importance of planning
- [18:41] Takeaway #2: What are you willing to sacrifice?
- [21:31] Takeaway #3: Hard work and tenacity can take you places
- [23:20] Takeaway #4: The more successful you are the more haters you’ll have
- [24:25] Takeaway #5: Don’t make success about getting in the spotlight
- [26:23] Takeaway #6: The power of a positive mindset
- [28:20] Takeaway #7: Make no excuses
Resources mentioned on this episode
Connect With MakingChips