5S is a methodology that I decided to implement when Carr Machine & Tool moved to a new location. We were meticulous
about each decision we made so that we could create a clean and safe work environment to lead to increased productivity. The 5 S’s consist of sort
, set in order
, and sustain
. In this episode of MakingChips, I share how we implemented 5S in our shop. Our process is something that any
shop can learn from and implement. It’s time to get organized and make sustainable changes so you can safely and efficiently make chips. BAM!
- [3:13] What is the 5S methodology?
- [7:07] What’s happening in our lives
- [11:18] How we implemented 5S in our inspection department
- [21:04] How we implemented 5S on our shop floor
- [23:13] The two hardest S’s: standardize and sustain
- [30:50] Why we bought a floor scrubber to shine our epoxy floors
- [32:45] Don’t forget to register for IMTS 2022!
Resources mentioned on this episode
Connect With MakingChips